Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Omega VRT HD Review Day 1&2

My inexpensive juicer ($40) died and so I decided to look research some higher end juicers. After seeing reviews and reading the specifications I bought the Omega HD VRT (ABout $400 with tax). The warehouse just recieved a shipment in from Korea and so I drove to pick it up about a 1 hour drive away from my home rather than having it shipped. After making several vegetable and fruit juices I really give this machine a very good recommendation. Some little imperfections are: Stringy vegetables/fruits like celery and pineapple get a little stuck in the pulp ejector, and the first time putting it together scared me but after that it is a breeze. The parts clean easier than they look to clean and the juice is really nice with no air. If you put the pulp through a few more times, you will get more juice and some extra pulp if you like that. Also there will be very little pulp left because as the VRT grinds it, more gets pushed through the screen. This machine gets about double the juice that my old machine could get. Carrot pulp gets dry the first time so I don't put it through again. You can also taste more parts of the fruit or vegetable. For example my wife tasted the bitter skin of the cucumber in the last drink I made. This means there are more vitamins in the juice. The base is very heavy (About 20 pounds). I was very impressed with how solid the motor feels. I am happy that it is made in Korea rather than China. Too many motors from China are burning out in various ...

No comments:

Post a Comment